Friday, February 29, 2008

Sewing Machine

I have been thinking about getting a sewing machine for awhile now. This mostly occurs when I buy new pants. I am pretty short, and even the short lengths are usually to long. So I usually have to hit my mother-in law up for a hem, or go and pay a ton of money at a tailor.

Steve said that it is going to be hard to get the cost of the machine out of the money saved doing my own hemming. I agreed with that and then told him I had other ideas for it to.

His reply was, "heh." Now granted I have taken up a few hobbies that I have gotten very into. By into I mean bought a ton of stuff to do it, used very little of said stuff and then let it sit around. (Examples: Scrape booking, Embroidering, and so on.)

I really did not appreciate his lack of enthusiasm for my new venture. So I said that I would make him a purple velour leisure suit. He was not keen on this, but did ask if I could make him a cape.

I said that I would make him, and Pippen one so that they matched. To that I got another "heh."

But in the end I got my sewing machine. Time will tell if it is a dust catcher or not.

1 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

I am sure you will make some lovely things!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home