Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Library

The Dakota County libraries are really very nice. They have a ton of branches and offer tons of selection.

My favorite thing about them is the online services. My friend Andrea told me that you could request items online and also have a huge list of materials you wanted but where not available at this time. Some of the books I am waiting for have huge request times. On one of them I am 165th in line.

Anyways, I ran into a bit of trouble with my list. I had requested 15 or 16 books by a couple of authors that I decided I wanted to read, Sharon Sala is one of them.

I did this on Sunday the 10th of November. On Tuesday the 13th I received notification that I had materials available. 7 books! Then on Friday the 16th a received another notification saying that I had 3 more books to pick up.

Needless to say Steve made fun of me. I said that I was going to read them all in the 21 day period that you get. He said that that was a little aggressive and that I could always renew them. Well, being stubborn about renewing things I started reading.

The verdict: I read 8 of the 10 library books, (the 2 unread books were historical romances that I just won't read) and 1 of my own books.

This took me 16 days.

Who knows, maybe I'll try it again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home