Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Confused and Bewildered

Steve the ever thoughtful husband created a name tag for me for my travel to Chicago tomorrow.

It reads:

Name: Linzy Eck
Flight: NW 1288 Leaves: 3:20 pm
Arrives: 4:48 pm
Likes: Tigger, Silky Terriers, Sleeveless Shirts

If found call 999-999-9999

This attempt at humor occurred after I scheduled my flight, then forgot the times. Then scheduled my rental car for completely different times on Priceline.com.

As you may or may not know Priceline is non refundable, non changeable reservations. So of course I panicked and called the car rental place to make sure they would not give my rental car away if I did not arrive for 5 hours after my reservation. The lady at the rental agency told me that could happen and to call
Priceline. She gave me the number and away I called. Priceline assured me that they cannot give my car away for at least 24 hours. Crisis averted.

Had to call Grandma Evie to tell her I would not be arriving at her place at the times that I had initially told her.

Also was then talking to my mom and could not remember the flight times. This is important as my dad is coming down to pick up Pippen for the time we are gone and bring me to the airport.

Asked Steve for the 5th time or so, "When is my flight again?"

Thus getting me the name tag stuck to my shirt while on the phone with my mom.

Husband humor Priceless, accosted at the airport if wearing the name tag probable. Picked up by security a given. Needless to say, I will not be wearing the name tag tomorrow. Although, I might call Steve's cell and ask for my flight time again just to annoy him while he travels with his boss to Cambridge tomorrow!

The ever loving wife strikes again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home