Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Hair Horror

I'll start this post out with a little background info. My mom is a hairdresser so I had been spoiled for 22 years. This is where all the whining about going to the salon comes from.

When I moved to the cities to be with Steve I had to find salon here. It was to hard to drive home to Duluth when I needed a cut or a color. (I had tried this for the first year I lived in the cities.) Not to mention unfair to my mom as she usually had to stay longer hours to try to fit me in.

I chose a salon in Eagan close to work, I went to the same hairdresser for 3 years. She did a great job, and seemed reasonable. Well that all changed when she became a manager in the salon. Her prices increased and she seemed to try to schedule haircuts in between my foil and the rinse out. (You have to leave the color on for around 25 to 35 minutes to get it to take in your hair.) At first this was ok, but then I started to compute how much my every 10 week adventure was costing me, $140 smackers. Oh course Steve thought this was a little high. (So did I.)

Then the horror happened. The last time I went in, 3.5 months ago, (a long time due the back surgery) I asked for the same thing I have been getting for 1.5 years. A bob cut with highlights (whitish blond,) lowlights (a darker blond) and red. Seemed safe, I had been doing this for a while and only going to this hairdresser. When I left the salon and looked at the finished product in the natural light in my rearview mirror I noticed that I looked a little orange vs. highlights and red. That freaked me out. I came home though and made Steve look at it, he seemed to agree that there was a little orange in it!

So you may ask, what could you possibly do now? Well you call the salon and complain and moan about your hair. Then make another appt. to see the stylist and get it fixed. Only she says that it really does not look that orange. I disagree and she sets out to "fix" the prob. When done I leave again to check it out in the rearview mirror and natural light (you can't see anything in the salon light) and low and behold it seems to be a little better but still orange. Oh well. She just lost a client.

So anyways today I am getting my hair done at a new salon by my house. I have decided to just get high and low lights and not try the red until I see what my new, cheaper, closer stylist can do.

If it turns out decent I may post some pictures, but we will have to see as I hate having my pic taken.

Wish me luck!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home