Monday, August 08, 2005

Boredom Sets In

Have you ever wished that you did not work? Had all the free time in the world to do whatever you wanted? Well I have.

I am currently recovering from back surgery and have taken only 1 online class this quarter. I was supposed to take 2 others but they were at the campus and I was not going to be physically able to do this after the surgery.
I never realized just how long a day is when you only have 1 class and nothing else that you can do (due to the recovery).

My husband Steve said that I could get Netflix while I was recovery. Very generous. It passes the time, but you can only watch so many movies a day.

Then there is the walking to help with recovery. Again only so much walking you can do in a day, especially when it has been so hot!

So that leaves talking to our Silky Terrier Pippen.

Well as you can imagine that poses some problems. First, am I crazy? No. Just bored. But I think that the neighbors think that I am! Secondly, she really does not talk back. So I voice her response. (Seriously though, still not crazy!) Lastly, this does not make up for human interaction.
Okay enough whining. It is kinda nice to have the summer off!

3 Comments:

At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love to have some summer time off, my cat just ignores me, so I wouldn't have to worry about the "crazy" thing talking to my cat. Maybe I'd get some of my scrapbooking done for once! But in all honesty, and my husband can vouch for this one, I'd go stir crazy in 48 hours or less.

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Linzy Eck said...

I have had a lot of time off and I do go stir crazy!

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I'm glad to see you finally have a blog. It will be good to hear things from the other side of the Eck household :)

And don't worry, you're not crazy. Sometimes I miss my lengthy conversations with Tristan, though he hasn't lived with us for many months now. Always entertaining!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home